Author Marketing 101
Guide and Journal
C. Morgan Kennedy and Therese Patrick
|Trim:||5.5 x 8.5 inches|
|Audience:||Authors and Entrepreneurs|
|Genre:||Non-fiction, Business, Instructional|
Available from Gazebo Gardens and Ingram.
Author Marketing 101 returns to the basics of a strategic marketing plan and reinterprets corporate terminology so that it applies to novelists and small business owners. Through interactive exercises and demonstrative case studies, new and established authors will learn how to:
- Develop a professional and engaging author persona
- Identify overarching themes and colors for their stories
- Apply these colors and themes to their marketing collateral, web design, and point-of-purchase (POP) displays
- Identify and target their audience
- Utilize their author persona for customer (reader) interactions
- Develop a detailed marketing plan with actionable tasks and key deliverables, to successfully launch their latest book
C. Morgan Kennedy has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University and an MBA from Otterbein University. Marketing and Entrepreneurship were her MBA focus. Throughout her seventeen-year career in Corporate America, she has worked in international and large account sales, corporate training, and product marketing. She is currently a Product Marketing Manager for a $20 million global product portfolio. Ms. Kennedy is based in Portland, OR.
Therese Patrick has been an active member of RWA for ten years. For Rose City Romance Writers, she was a past treasurer on the newsletter staff, and has been a coordinator with the Golden Rose Contest teams since 2003. A former Business Operations Consultant and Technical Writer, she was part the start-up team for a national electrical services company. Ms. Patrick is a mother of four daughters, lives in Oregon, and writes contemporary romance and memoirs. She is an active blogger (since 2009) and is actively marketing both her fiction and nonfiction books.